Who We Are
We are a Minnesota-based designer and fabricator of surfaces in multiple materials, including natural stone, quartz, solid surface and specialty surfaces. One of our divisions also specializes in solid surface fabrication tools, equipment and supplies.
What We Do
We design, fabricate and install everything from countertops to retail displays, shelving, vanity tops, kitchen tops, conference room tables, shower pans and enclosures, window sills, wall cladding, furniture and more. If it involves a surface of any kind, we can make it. Our tools division offers a complete line of high quality equipment and supplies, including straight edges, power grips, templates, clamps, sanders, thermoforming ovens, stands, squares, bits and more.
Customers We Help
We serve three main markets:
- Commercial – Retail, healthcare, education, housing, hospitality, entertainment and government industries. We work closely with retail display designers, engineers, architects and millhouses nationwide.
- Residential – Kitchen and bath countertops and cabinetry for homeowners, builders, general contractors and kitchen/bath dealers.
- Tools – Professional fabricators worldwide, from large companies that use CNC equipment to small two person shops.
What Makes Us Different
- A dislike of limits. Our comprehensive capabilities and resources allow us to manufacture any product for any market in any material. Whether it’s natural stone, quartz or solid surface, we can design and install a wide variety of products for customers nationwide.
- Innovation. Our creative team and versatile approach enable us to handle difficult and complex projects across multiple markets. From special requests to made-to-order products, we specialize in everything that’s unique and challenging.
- Customer-centric. A relentless focus on long-term relationships and customer service means that we’ll always answer the phone, meet your deadlines, deliver products quickly and efficiently, and provide guidance along the way anytime you need it. Our customers love us because we’re flexible and easy to work with.
What We Believe
- We believe in making you happy. Every time. Delighting customers is a job requirement around here.
- We believe in continuous improvement. Whether it’s acquiring the latest technology or designing cutting edge tools, innovation never stops. This means our customers benefit from the best the industry has to offer.
- We believe in doing what we promised. Integrity and accountability permeate every conversation and interaction with our customers, vendors, employees and community.
- We believe that relationships should last a lifetime. As we partner with customers over the years, we develop a keen understanding of their needs and challenges, and therefore are well positioned to anticipate and meet their needs.
- We believe in empowering our employees and providing them with a culture of openness and support. And because we are 100% employee-owned, everyone on our team is personally invested in the success of our customers and the well-being of the company.
It all started with a straight edge. Or rather, the lack of one. As the owner of a remodeling center for kitchens and baths in Plato, Minnesota, Tom Pinske began working with solid surfaces as soon as they were introduced in the marketplace. He realized almost immediately that woodworking tools did not provide the cutting accuracy and precision he required for his finished products. Since fabrication tools designed specifically for solid surface did not exist at that time, Tom decided to design and build his own solution. As a result, the edges and seams of his countertops became virtually perfect. Other fabricators, having seen the remarkable results of Tom’s tools, asked if he was willing to begin mass producing and selling them in the marketplace. This is how The Pinske Edge was born. Almost 30 years later, The Pinske Edge is widely recognized for its innovative solutions, excellent customer service and relentless pursuit of quality across each of its three divisions.
Originally established as an independent company under the name “The Pinske Edge,” the tools arm of the company grew from a small Midwestern company to one of the largest and most well-known solid surface fabrication equipment and supplies providers in the world. In addition to tools, we also offer training videos and other educational materials that instruct fabricators on how to use The Pinske Edge equipment. In-house training seminars, ongoing support and same-day shipping capabilities have made us a preferred partner for fabricators worldwide. In 2013, the Glencoe Area Chamber of Commerce named The Pinske Edge “Manufacturer of the Year” and honored Tom Pinske for his significant role in supporting the solid surface fabrication industry across the Midwest.
Commercial and Residential Divisions
Our commercial and residential division was initially established in 1976 in Plato, Minnesota, under the name “Plato Home Center,” which later became “Plato Custom Concepts.” The facility includes a showroom, design center and fabrication shop where solid surface countertops and wood cabinetry for kitchens and baths are designed and fabricated. In 2014 we opened a new location in Rochester, Minnesota, under the name “Ultimate Surfaces,” which offers natural stone and quartz products to the residential and commercial markets. Both locations specialize in the retail, healthcare, education, hospitality, and residential markets and offer a wide variety of products. Our customer base nationwide benefits from our breadth of capabilities and materials, impeccable craftsmanship, high volume production and short turnaround times.
A New Brand
2016 was a big year for The Pinske Edge. Our three divisions – The Pinske Edge, Plato Custom Concepts and Ultimate Surfaces – were rebranded under the name “The Pinske Edge.” Our new brand identity includes a new logo, website and a new tagline: Excellence from Every Angle. This rebranding effort is a natural evolution that allows us to better align our capabilities and products with our core markets and provide unparalleled value and service to our customers every day.
Becoming an Employee-Owned Company
Becoming a company that is 100% owned by our employees is probably the most significant event in the history of The Pinske Edge. In 2016, we became an ESOP, which means that our employees have ownership interest in the company. In addition to being personally invested in the success of our customers and the well-being of The Pinske Edge, our employees are highly motivated to consistently produce the highest quality products and go above and beyond in innovation, growth initiatives and exceptional service. Being an ESOP also provides us with full control of the future of the company, ensuring The Pinske Edge will not move out of state or overseas, thus keeping jobs at home.