We offer a comprehensive array of materials you may choose from.
The unique beauty of natural stone is the perfect solution for those who prefer a classic, timeless look. Offering a balanced combination of durability, function and aesthetics, natural stone renders a sense of luxury and elegance to any environment.
- Granite: Polished granite is a popular choice for countertops due to its high durability and aesthetic qualities. Ranging in colors from black to almost perfectly white, each slab of granite is unique in its texture and patterns. Even though it is an extremely tough surface and will withstand high temperature swings and impacts, granite needs to be sealed periodically.
- Marble : Graceful, elegant and understated, marble is a classic material available in many colors and patterns. Marble surfaces are strong, durable and heat resistant offering amazing possibilities within various applications. However, marble can be susceptible to scratching and staining. Our team can help answer questions about suitable applications to ensure your surfaces retain their beauty for years to come.
- Quartzite: An extremely hard surface that is not water or acid-soluble, quartzite is harder than glass and can actually cut it. In its purest form it is as white as marble, but it can have impurities in it that lead to incredible patterns and colors. Many people consider it as their only choice due to its incredible beauty and strength.
- Soapstone: A timeless classic, soapstone is available in dark gray to blueish or greenish gray with light or dramatic veining. Over a period of time as soapstone ages it achieves a beautiful patina. When treated with mineral oil the stone will darken. Soapstone is an ideal kitchen countertop choice because it never has to be sealed and has high heat resistant properties.
- Travertine: Known and appreciated for its distinctive, rustic, and classic look, travertine is a light colored stone, frequently appearing in shades of tan, white, gray, gold, and light brown. Occasionally it can also come in darker tones of rusty red. The color of travertine is determined by its iron content. Travertine has a characteristically aged look, which accurately represents the long history of its use.
Composed of 93% natural quartz, these surfaces offer the ultimate combination of aesthetics and functionality along with stain, scratch and heat resistant properties. Quartz surfaces ensure a food-safe, maintenance-free countertop of the highest durability.
- Caesarstone®: Caesarstone surfaces can be used for a variety of applications throughout your home – from the bathroom to kitchen countertops, shower surrounds, tabletops and more. Caesarstone surfaces are stain and heat resistant and are easy to clean. .
- DuPont Zodiaq: DuPont™ Zodiaq® surfaces offer utterly unique and visually striking surfaces with stunning depth. Zodiaq® surfaces are a high-performance material that delivers strength and are heat and scratch resistant.
- HanStone®: HanStone is manufactured by combining natural quartz and a high-quality polymer resin, resulting in a durable and luxurious stone surface. HanStone is available in 60 natural-appearing patterns. It is non-porous, requires no conditioning or polishing, and is heat, bacteria, and stain resistant. HanStone cleans easily with mild soap and water, making this a perfect surface choice for the kitchen as well as heavy traffic areas of the home like a children’s bathroom.
- Silestone® Quartz by Cosentino: Available in a wide range of colors and textures, Silestone® is stain, acid, scratch, and impact resistant. Silestone is the only brand of surface that contains a unique bacteriostatic formula developed by Cosentino to prevent the growth of bacteria, making it a wonderful option for kitchen and bathroom applications.
- Viatera® from LG Hausys: Whether you’re looking for a surface that stands up to the demands of daily life, or one that resists the wear of commercial applications, Viatera® allows you the freedom to create a functional space that truly reflects the beauty and wonder of life.
The most versatile surface material available, solid surface offers limitless design potential. Major benefits include its seamless nature, integrated back splashes, integrated sinks, ease of repair, custom inlays and thermoformability. The intrinsic nature of the material allows for fabrication ranging from a basic countertop to an intricate, cutting edge, thermoformed design. Solid surface offers an enormous variety of color and texture choices. It can be cut into any shape and comes in countless finishes, from high gloss to dull matte. In addition to its versatile nature, solid surface is also sanitary, low maintenance, and resistant to stains and scratches.
- Avonite® from Aristech Surfaces: Inspired by nature and perfected by decades of technology, Avonite® leads the industry with innovative products, true recycled choices and creative design solutions.
- Corian: If it can be imagined, it can be created with DuPont™ Corian® solid surface. Available in a vast range of patterns and tones, Corian® is perfect for applications throughout the healthcare, restaurant, and public space industries, delivering high performance and outstanding aesthetics. Corian surfaces are malleable, tough and beautiful, providing the ultimate in freedom of expression and choice.
- Formica Solid Surface: Formica® solid surfaces are seamless and nonporous, rendering them the ideal choice in a variety of applications. Available in countless colors and designs, Formica® solid surface is adaptable, durable and wear resistant.
- Hanex Solid Surfaces: Hanex® solid surfaces are made from a unique blend of acrylic resins and natural materials which renders it extremely versatile to fit a wide range of designs.
- Krion: Krion™ is a non-porous, antibacterial and hard wearing solid surface material. Available in a wide range of color options, it is highly resistant to chemicals and fire and is easy to clean and maintain.
- Livingstone: Livingstone® products are aesthetically pleasing and provide an atmosphere of warmth to any space. This solid surface is tough enough to handle every day wear and tear while resisting impacts and stains. With inconspicuous seams, Livingstone® will give your space a sleek finish.
- LG HI-MACS: HI-MACS® is a strong surface that offers durability similar to that of natural stone, standing up to everyday scratches. HI-MACS® is seamless and non-porous, reducing risks posed by bacteria and mold, while simultaneously offering higher resistance to stains, chemicals, and heat.
- Meganite: Meganite® provides a highly durable, versatile, hygienic and beautiful acrylic solid surface. It can be used in an array of applications and comes in more than 100 different color options.
- Samsung Staron: Through a combination of high technology and high design, Staron® Solid Surfaces offer a wide array of incredibly versatile products, allowing a premier surface design that creates truly unique spaces.
- Wilsonart Solid Surface: Wilsonart® solid surfaces are a beautiful and affordable alternative to granite countertops and other stone surfaces. Available in a wide range of designs and colors that won’t fade or wear away, Wilsonart® offers exceptional versatility and easy maintenance.
There has been a dramatic increase in countertop material options over the past several years. These specialty surfaces offer appealing new looks for those interested in something unique. Many of the products are created using recycled materials, making them a sustainable choice. Please contact us for more info on how any of these products might contribute to a green-certified project:
- Recycled Glass Products like Vetrazzo® and IceStone®
- Recycled Paper Products like Paperstone® and Richlite®
- Vetrazzo: Vetrazzo® is a 100% recycled glass surface offering exquisite beauty. With an expansive color palette, there is a surface available for every interior. Comparable to granite in strength, scratch and heat resistance, durability and care and maintenance, Vetrazzo surfaces offer a perfect blend of beauty and functionality to create a central design element in your home or bathroom.
- Radianz: Radianz© Quartz from Samsung is substantially harder than granite. In addition to being impact-resistant, it is also virtually maintenance-free.
Cabinetry (Plato Showroom only)
We are proud to be a Plato Woodwork dealer! Since 1893 Plato Woodwork has earned its reputation as one of America’s preeminent fine custom cabinetry manufacturers.
Our designer can help guide you through the complex world of woods, finishes, doorstyles, accessories and unlimited design possibilities. Plato Woodwork products includes:
- Personalized CUSTOM
- ICS – Inovae Closet Systems
Contact us today to learn more about which materials are the best fit for your project.