It is always best to call the specific manufacturer of the solid surface material you are interested in thermoforming. Based on our own shop’s thermoforming experience, we are sharing our observations below.
- Affinity – www.affinitysurfaces.com
- Avonite – www.avonitesurfaces.com (Avonite acrylics will bend – check all others)
- Formica Solid Suface – www.formica.com (Will bend – large radiuses)
- Hi-Macs – www.lgcountertops.com (All will bend)
- Karadon – www.karadon.com (Some will bend – large radiuses)
- Meganite – www.meganite.com (All will bend)
- Mystera – www.hudsonsolidsurfaces.com (Some will bend – large radiuses)
- Staron – www.staron.com (All will bend)
- Wilsonart Solid Surface – www.wilsonart.com/solidsurface (All will bend)
If you’re working with PVC’s or Vinyl’s, you can use Pinske Edge Thermoforming Ovens
to bend contours, arcs or large radiuses.